Panasonic will hold the 20th anniversary of Lumix on April 6, 2021
Look forward to the future
Panasonic releases spring 2021 firmware update
Including the firmware update of Lumix s series full frame camera and M43 system box camera
Lumix S1 will realize 6K video capture and raw format recording
Lumix S1H will be able to use blackmagic raw and prores raw for raw recording
Lumix S1 firmware version 2.0
For users with upgraded software key dmw-sfu2:
1. Video recording format update:
Video recording mode of 6K (5952×3968) / 5.9k (5888×3312) / 5.4k (5376×3584) in mov format*
-6K24p, 4:2:0 10bit LongGOP, 200Mbps, LPCM
-5.9K30p/25p/24p, 4:2:0 10bit LongGOP, 200Mbps, LPCM
-5.4K30p/25p, 4:2:0 10bit LongGOP, 200Mbps, LPCM
*The maximum continuous recording time is 15 minutes.
? c4k (4096×2160) video recording mode in mov format
-C4K60p/50p, 4:2:0 10bit LongGOP, 200Mbps, LPCM *2
-C4K60p/50p, 4:2:0 8bit LongGOP, 150Mbps, LPCM *2
-C4K30p/25p/24p, 4:2:2 10bit LongGOP, 150Mbps, LPCM
? 4K (3840×2160) 10bit video recording mode in mov format
-4K60p/50p, 4:2:0 10bit LongGOP, 200Mbps, LPCM *2
· mov format variant (3328×2496) video recording mode
-4K-A50p, 4:2:0 10bit LongGOP, 200Mbps, LPCM *2
-4K-A50p, 4:2:0 8bit LongGOP, 150Mbps, LPCM *2
-4K-A30p/25p/24p, 4:2:2 10bit LongGOP, 150Mbps, LPCM
*The longest continuous recording time is 29 minutes 59 seconds.
2. Raw video data output through HDMI function
-[5.9k] / [4K] / [deformation (4:3) 3.5K] can output 12 bit raw video data through HDMI;
-Able to record apple preres raw through ATOMOS Ninja V
*Depending on the situation, all features may not be available.
*To edit raw video recorded with Ninja V, you need to use software that supports apple prores raw.
*Apply the LUTS (look-up tables) available at the following customer support sites for the same color rating as v-log / v-gamut
https://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/lut/s1h_ raw_ lut/
3. [time code] function
4. Manual setting of dual native ISO (can be used without sfu2 key)
Lumix S1H firmware version 2.4
1. In addition to Apple prores raw, add the function of recording blackmagic raw, which will be recorded through blackmagic video assist 12g HDR;
-[5.9k] / [4K] / [deformation (4:3) 3.5K] can output 12bit raw video data to blackmagic video assist 12g HDR through HDMI, and record it as blackmagic raw.
-During raw output, you can select v-log or v709 on the real-time display monitor.
-During raw output, camera assistant functions can be used, including WFM (waveform monitor), vector oscilloscope, luminance point meter, zebra stripes.
*Depending on the situation, all functions may not be available;
*The optional recording mode depends on the video assist 12g HDR;
*Blackmagic raw data needs DaVinci resolve or DaVinci resolve studio, which is used for editing
Lumix bgh1 firmware version 2.0
In order to meet the growing demand of live video, bgh1 will provide IP streaming media function, which can transmit images to social media platform remotely and with high quality through PC connection on wired LAN. It is worth noting that Lumix bgh1 can stream 4K 60p (50p) video in h.265. H. 265 achieves half the bit rate while maintaining the same image quality as H.264, which means it can provide twice the higher image quality at the same bit rate as H.264. Even if the bandwidth is not wide enough, it can be streamed at low bit rate in ultra high definition 4K.
1. IP streaming through PC (RTP / RTSP protocol)
4K / 60p（3840×2160）H.265：50M，25Mbps H.264：50M，25Mbps
4K / 30p（3840×2160）H.265：25M，12.5Mbps H.264：25M，12.5Mbps
FHD / 60p（1920×1080）H.265：20M，16Mbps H.264：16M，8Mbps
FHD / 30p（1920×1080）H.265：12M，6Mbps H.264：6M，3Mbps
2. Raw video data output through HDMI
-During raw output, you can select v-log or rec.709 on the real-time display monitor.
-During raw output, you can use shooting auxiliary functions including shooting brightness point light meter and speckle style.
-LUT (look-up table) for raw video recorded by Ninja V has the same color level as v-log / v-gamut. Using Panasonic varicam, eva1 and GH5 series cameras, it is easy to match colors between recorded materials
https://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/lut/s1h_ raw_ lut/ index.html
*In order to record video, Apple’s raw res software needs to be used;
**Depending on the situation, all features may not be available.
③ Phase locked synchronization display: when the camera is in phase locked synchronization state, the synchronization state can be displayed on the external monitor connected with HDMI or SDI.
④ Format SD memory card through PC connection: when the camera is connected to PC, the SD memory card can be formatted through the camera menu on the Lumix tether real-time display screen.
Lumix tether for multicam software version 1.1
1. During IP stream transmission, bgh1 can be set and controlled;
2. Set the path [menu] & gt; [Video] & gt; [image format] & gt; [HDMI raw data output] to display the recording quality options corresponding to raw video data output;
3. During HDMI / SDI output, bgh1 can be used to start / stop recording on external devices;
4. When [HDMI recording control] or [SDI recording control] is turned on, the recording can be carried out even if the SD card is not inserted. And display the connection method of HDMI or SDI.
*For setting and controlling bgh1 through PC during IP streaming, Lumix tether for multicam PC software should also be updated to ver. 1.1 or higher.
Lumix s1r firmware version 1.8
Lumix S5 firmware version 2.2
As well as this update all models of firmware, there are the following updates
1. Users can choose to add or not to add camera orientation information in the [vertical position information (video)] menu to prevent accidental rotation of the image during playback.
2. When using the AC adapter (dmw-ac10, sold separately) to power the camera, you can select the power saving mode. (except bgh1)
Panasonic is further committed to technology development, and its achievements apply not only to new products, but also to products that have been released through firmware updates.
Apple and prores are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the United States and / or other countries.
· blackmagic raw? Is a registered trademark of blackmagic design Pty Ltd.
· Ninja V / ATOMOS is a registered trademark of ATOMOS limited.
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Author: Shen Pei